Rental Trucks – Help You Move!
Finding a good rental company may be difficult, as there are so many these days. Here are some points that one should keep in mind while renting a truck
truck rental, truck rentals, moving truck rental, cargo van rental, rental truck, moving truck, truck rental company
If you are planning to shift to a new place, be it across the state or to a new country, you obviously would want to take all the pieces of furniture and stuff you had collected, which you hold special to you, instead of selling them off and buying new ones. Well then what better way to do that than to rent a truck! You can decide on the size of the truck depending on how much stuff you have.
Make enquiries about truck rental companies:
Finding a good rental company may be difficult, as there are so many these days. Here are some points that one should keep in mind while renting a truck:
• See if the rental company has branches in the same city you are moving to. This way you will only have to pay for a one way move. Many companies do accommodate that, but they ask for upfront payment, so this way you end up paying the company for the return journey as well. You may not be aware of this, as you may assume that you are paying extra for the service charge incase they do not have a branch there. Make enquiries before you book.
• It is always advisable to book the truck well in advance once you have decided on the rental company. Sometimes you may not get the truck on the day you want, especially during the peak season. So always call in advance to reserve a truck for yourself, preferably a week or two in advance.
• Make enquiries about the rental charges in different rental companies to find out which price suits you best. Some companies may also charge more for new and well maintained trucks, than they do for old trucks. You have to decide based on that, which one you want. Some truck rentals may also offer special services as compared to other companies. Find out the distance to be traveled, as they may charge according to distance, and for every extra mile you travel, you may be charged extra.
• The size of the truck will be based on the number of rooms to be moved. Generally, a 26 foot truck will accommodate a 4–plus bedroom house, and a cargo van or trailer can be used for shifting small offices. It is always better to book a larger truck, this way you can be sure all the goods will fit in.
• The rental companies may also offer optional insurance plans such as cargo insurance, accident insurance, and loss and damage insurance. Find out about all the coverage from all different companies, and then decide which one you think is best for you. Make sure that you call your credit card companies before signing the agreement.
Go for it!
Rental trucks are convenient, and the good part is you do not even have to shell out a lot of money for your shifting. They are a cost effective way to move your stuff to your new place. It’s as simple as renting a car to move about the city – you just have to decide on the rental company, and rent their truck to transport your belongings. The rental cost all depends on the size of the truck and the distance to be traveled. Some of the rental companies even have major branches in all the different cities, thus saving you money by just paying for the one way truck rental.